You are currently browsing posts tagged with Talent
Perhaps, like me, you’ve already watched video of China’s Got Talent contestant Liu Wei, thanks to the magic of the Internet. Liu is a 23-year old musical prodigy who was electrocuted during a game of hide-and-seek at age 10, costing him his arms but not his passion for piano–he now plays miraculously with his toes.
Maybe, like me, you shared the video with everyone you knew, because the combo of Richard Clayderman tuneage and this adorable, spirited kid’s incredible story were simply too much to keep to yourself. And then of course you watched it with your parents; together you cried, commented, and mentally hugged (to actually hug might’ve been too awkward). And even though they thanked you for sharing the video with them, you could tell they were also wondering why, given your many lessons and ten fingers, you never made anything of your piano playing.
Continue reading The World Embraces Liu Wei, Armless Piano Player
Filed under: Adorable-ness, Armless Piano Player, Awesomeness, China's Got Talent, Chinese Pianist Plays With Feet, Everybody Loves a Winner, Hardass Asian Parents, Liu Wei, Piano, Piano Lessons Are Required, Plays Piano WIth Feet, Plays Piano With Toes, Talent
What I learned watching the following excerpt from Pilipinas Got Talent:
1. “B.M.” doesn’t always stand for “Bowel Movement.”
2. Sometimes, scaring is caring.
3. Black vinyl dominatrix gear with a flirty yellow tulle robe might get you fugged in the United States, but the PGT judges love it. LOVE IT.
4. The sound of a loud horse neigh scares the shit out of me.
5. It’s true–heels DO go with everything.
6. When you wait for the loud “X” buzzer, it never comes.
7. Those strange talents that the losers honed in homeroom while I was doodling stuff for my fanzine might actually pay off one day.
8. I clearly wouldn’t know talent if it walked up to me on Sunset Boulevard wearing an “I’m Talent” t-shirt and holding up a sign reading, “What does talent look like? Me!” then kicked me in the ass, punched me in the eye, and said, “I said I’m TALENT!”
Source Thanks, G Scott!
Filed under: Animal Sounds, Bondage Gear, Dubious Talents, Horse Neighs, Pilipinas, Pilipinas Got Talent, Strange Tales Involving Poop (Sort of), Talent, the Philippines, Weird Filipino Behavior, Why?