You are currently browsing posts tagged with Samsung
At Samsung, a phone isn’t properly tested until a butt has been rubbed up all over it. [BuzzFeed]
Donald Trump thinks the GOP lost the presidential election because they didn’t appeal to enough Latinos and Asians. [Talking Points Memo]
Asian American consumers are projected to have over $1 trillion in buying power in the next five years. Marketers, get going already. [Los Angeles Times]
China’s People Daily Online was fooled by The Onion‘s selection of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un as their sexiest man alive for 2012. [The Daily Beast]
Some racists on Twitter are saying they hate Asians because of the recent remake of Red Dawn. [Racebending]
Some jerks vandalized the Vietnamese Student Union and a bathroom stall at UCLA with sexist and racist slogans this week. [Angry Asian Man]
Emily Joffe, who writes Slate’s “Dear Prudence” advice column, got a letter from a White dude who doesn’t want mixed race kids with his East Asian wife, and her reply was AWESOME: Continue reading Intern Jasmine’s Links Of The Daysian: The Ass Pants & Butt-Rubbing Edition
Filed under: 2 Broke Girls, Alexander Wang, Asian Moms, Donald Trump, Gangnam Style, Glee, Intern Jasmine's Links of the Daysian, Matthew Moy, Mixed Race Kids, Opening Ceremony, Racebending, Red Dawn, Samsung, The Onion, Yoko Ono
Was Chinese TV show Super Girl cancelled because the singing competition (think American Idol) was too vulgar, or because it allowed viewers to vote (how democratic!) for their favorite contestants? [Jezebel]
No iPhone for the ROK! It looks like Samsung is planning to block the release of the iPhone 5 in South Korea. [ars technica]
Modern Family‘s new Lily is cute. We still miss old Lily (even if she always looked like she was about to fall asleep). [Aol TV]
We find it hard to argue with a deity that insists upon the consumption of Chinese food on Christmas (or any holiday really). [reddit]
First Brother-In-Law Konrad Ng–who’s married to Obama’s sister Maya Soetoro- Continue reading Intern Jasmine’s Links Of The Daysian
Bruce Lee‘s screen test for “The Green Hornet”: hotness for the ages, y’all. [Cinematical]
Tiki Barber, who left wife Ginny for a 23 year old former NBC intern, is broke and may not be able to pay his divorce settlement. [NY Post]
Samsung’s new phone is called :). [Gizmodo]
Slumdog Millionaire composer A.R. Rahman postponed the rest of his North American tour after part of the show’s infrastructure collapsed, damaging part of the stage and causing minor injuries to crew members. [L.A. Times]
Shu Uemura mirrored false eyelashes are like mini disco balls for your eyes. Also they are de rigeur for the DISGRASIANtern uniform. [StyleCrunch]
A 28-year-old California woman named Lisette Lee was busted by the feds after her chartered plane from LA landed in Columbus, Ohio this week–with over 13 suitcases of marijuana on it.
Should she be convicted, Lee could see 40 years in prison and up to $2 million in fines.
News organizations and expert sleuths like Gawker are already having a bonanza as they dig up everything relevant (and irrelevant, but wonderfully ridiculous) there is to know about this mysterious woman, who amazingly was able to keep her fake eyelashes on throughout her arrest and night in the clink, and might have more identities than Britney.
Highlights of what we currently know about Lee:
- potentially an actress/model/recording artist/whatever (Ed. note–that might just be a reeeeeally bad mugshot)
- was arrested with 3 cell phones, blow, weed, and drug deal ledgers in her bag
- claims to be an heiress related to Samsung’s “Lee” family of Korea; they deny the relationship (although this is by no means an ironclad denial. It’s no secret that Hardass Asian Families will disavow you for like, failing a test. My HAPs would deny knowing me if I got a ticket for rolling past a stop sign.)
- loooooooves eyeliner. Like LOOOOOOOOVES it.
- seems all kinds of crazy (warranting comparisons to Tila Tequila)
- seems to have a gift for embellishment (warranting comparisons to the Hipster Grifter)
- has also been named in event photographs with the surname Morita (unnecessarily dragging Pat’s name into this mess)
- apparently has a boyfriend in Columbus that she can’t or won’t name
- organized this fourth drug run to Columbus for a “friend” who doled out $60k per trip (that’s the total budget for all other players involved, by the way, not her personal fee)
- apparently willing to break federal law for measly tens of thousands, not realizing that a nice managerial job at Starbucks would have also provided her with benefits
- currently sitting in jail awaiting a bond hearing that will take place tomorrow at 10am. It was postponed from today to allow Lee’s family time to travel to Columbus (this will NOT be pretty)
Sooooo much information! But I’ve still got one really, really important question: Where the fuzz is that 506 lbs. of ganj going?
Filed under: Charter Planes, Cocaine, Columbus Ohio, Criminals, DEA, Drug Busts, Fake Eyelashes, False Eyelashes, Ganja, Gawker, Hardass Asian Families, Hardass Asian Parents, Jail, Lisette Lee, Lisette Lee Morita, Marijuana, Model Actress Whatever, Mug Shots, Pat Morita, Samsung, Samsung Lee Family, Smuggled Goods, Starbucks, The Kind Of Wacky Incidents We'll Miss When Marijuana Is Legalized, Tranny Makeup
The world’s tallest building, Burj Khalifa (formerly known as Burj Dubai, only just renamed for the Abu Dhabi ruler and country’s president, Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan), was unveiled today in Dubai.
Have you ever wanted to dismantle a car with your bare hands? Yeah?
Well, here’s a handy-dandy how-to:
Love the random Samsung camera product placement, cuz the dude definitely deserves a corporate sponsor.