You are currently browsing posts tagged with Best of the Best
Happy birthday to honorasian Elton John, who turned 63 today!
Why Hardass Asian ladies love Elton:
* He, like all grownup Asian ladies, loves bedazzled evening outfits.
* File Under: Easy Listening
* 5 Grammy awards, an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award and a Tony Award. (Who cares if you don’t watch the Tonys? It’s an award!)
* A distinct love for tiny dancers.
* Five important words: Was friends with Princess Diana.
* He turned those piano lessons into somethin‘!
* Guaranteed to rally for karaoke.
* He gives songs as gifts. And by jove, H.A.L.s love presents!!!
Filed under: Bedazzler, Best Kinds Of Friends, Best of the Best, Careers In Piano, Elton John, Honorasians, Karaoke, Musicians, Piano, Piano Lessons Are Required, Piano Players, Presents, Princess Diana, Singers, Tiny Dancers
DISGRASIAN will be LiveBlogging from the 10th Annual San Diego Asian Film Festival this October–they’re seeking the best in Asian/Asian-American cinema, and lawd knows we Asians love to be the best–so we’d be psyched to see your film there.
More importantly: there’s a CASH MUNNY prize for the Jury winner. What better reason to enter? Woot!
The entry deadline is in a month. Here’s the info:
Early Deadline: April 30, 2009 ($25 fee)
Late Deadline: June 10, 2009 ($40 fee)
Rules, entry forms, and festival info are available at www.sdaff.org
And for more info, call 858.565.1264 or connect the way we do: Info@sdaff.org
Happy 27th birthday, Asashoryu Akinori! You’ve already attained the highest sumo rank of yokozuna, so we wish you continued success and many future smooshings of other large men.