You are currently browsing posts tagged with Aging Gracefully
I discovered this week that the Maury show is still on television, with grinning host Maury Povich busting cheaters and soothing folks with atypical fears every afternoon with just as much fervor as ever. With a quick Internetz search I also learned that Povich’s marriage to journalist Connie Chung is still going strong (see above photo, from 2010) after 27 years–675 years in Hollywood time, and that the seemingly unlikely pair only seem to be acquiring adorable laugh lines with age. Good for them!
Here’s hoping that Povich’s family (He and Chung have one son, as well as two daughters from his previous marriage) had a nice little celebration for the trash talk king’s 72nd birthday this past Monday. That’s assuming he doesn’t have a paralyzing fear of birthday cakes or anything…
Filed under: Aging Gracefully, Asian Journalists, Birthdays, Cheaters, Connie Chung, Cute Couples, Daytime Television, Fear of Pickles, Maury Povich, Maury show, Still On TV, Together Forever, Unlikely Pairs, Whodathunkit
…besides writing her 53,271st DISGRASIAN post? Probably cheering, like the fine ladies (average age: 66) of Japan Pom Pom:
I PRAY that the Japan Pom Pom squad still exists in fifty years, and they that will accept a clumsy/mildly overweight (I expect to eat many, many, many boxes of Kyochon fried chicken over the next few decades) Vietnamese American girl into their awesomely glittery clique… although Jen would probably argue that I’m already an old lady with a wig collection, pair of broken-in poms, fondness for sparkly outfits, and mean high kick—so why not just try out now?
Hunh. I just might. And if they won’t have me, maybe I’ll just go out for old lady drill team.
See Japan Pom Pom’s moves here.
3) Her character is Camille Wray, a “strategically savy (sic) member of the International Oversight Committee (IOA) and the highest ranking one stranded aboard the Destiny.” This is code for “hot lesbian not to be fucked with.”
4) Ming-Na will be engaging in some serious girl-on-girl action with 24‘s Reiko Aylesworth, who plays Wray’s Earthbound life-partner.
5) IRL, Ming-Na is a Steelers fan. Which means Diana would like to make out with her, too.
6) She has been professionally credited as “Ming-Na Wen,” “Ming Wen” and “Ming-Na.”
7) Ming-Na is 45 years old.
8) She has the skin of cherubs after a diamond facial.
9) She may have been the real-life inspiration for Benjamin Button.
10) We would hate on her for looking so damn good, but we’d really like to get the name of her derm.
Apropos of nothing, Jennifer Tilly (née Jennifer Chan) is 50. I saw her on a sexiest women over 50 list recently (#3!) and learned this little fact (she turned quinquagenarian in September). So when I look at these photos taken of her at some event this week…
Filed under: 50 Years Old, Aging Gracefully, Anti-Agin' Asian, Crazy Faces, Jennifer Tilly, Poker, Quinquagenarians, Tranny Weaves, Women Poker Players, Wonky Tits, Wow, Y'all All Need Anti-Asian Cream