January 6th, 2012 | 6 comments | Posted by Jen

Michele Bachmann may have dropped out of the Republican presidential race this week, but there’s still plenty of crazy left among the remaining contenders and their supporters. Take this YouTube video put out by Ron Paul devotees “NHLiberty4Paul,” which paints Republican rival Jon Huntsman, former ambassador to China, as a “Manchurian Candidate,” a socialist, a supporter of Chinese “values,” and, ultimately, un-American, all because he–gasp!–speaks Mandarin and has an adopted daughter from China (and India):

So, basically, if you speak Chinese, look Chinese, have ever had an interest in the world around you, adopted a child from Asia, or even just held an Asian baby in your arms…you’re un-American. (Not to mention how you love you some of that chinky flute music!)

Huntsman and his Communist albeit adorable daughter Gracie Mei

And Ron Paul and his supporters wonder why everyone thinks he’s racist.

[via Gawker]

[HuffPo: Jon Huntsman Denounces Nasty, Jingoistic Video Allegedly Made By Ron Paul Supporters (VIDEO)]

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “DISGRASIAN OF THE WEAK! Racist “Manchurian Candidate” Video Released By Ron Paul Supporters”

1. BusyDad says:

Boy, I’m sure glad my Chinese has gotten worse over the years. Now I get it. I’m simply becoming more American. Whew.

@BusyDad I’m still reporting you to the DHS.

3. farleyk says:

So, Republican people, what was your intent here? ‘Cause, here’s the results:
    * Distaste for Ron Paul, akin to taking a sip of milk that’s gone off.
    * Newfound respect for this Jon Huntsman, who I wasn’t really paying attention to. How badass would it be to have a president that speaks Mandarin?
    * An educational moment. Noticed Jon wearing a tilak, which I learned is the male version of the bindi (red mark on forhead) and used for ceremonial events. Cool.
    Were these the things I was supposed to learn from your choppy apparently-made-on-a-cheap-camcorder video, scary NH fringe folk?

4. aptkane says:

Well, as a staunch and, if I do say so, level headed Republican, I can say right now there are several issues here: 1.) You can’t lump us all in because some nut job made a video. 2. ) Ron Paul is the least likely candidate to go anywhere. Most Republican supporters know he’s more full of baloney than a deli, and his foreign policy take is ridiculous.

Huntsman isn’t going anywhere either because he’s not really a Republican. It has nothing to do with his personal life, its his take on politics that the vast majority of us look at and don’t feel represent what we want for the country. I think its fantastic he has adopted his daughters and Mandarin should be push as much as Spanish on our young in school as its going to be needed big time.

But seeing statements like “There’s plenty of crazy left in the remaining candidates and their supporters” is a blanket statement both sides are guilty of making more often than should be made.

Andrew, I hear you bud but I don’t think saying there’s plenty of crazy left among the Republican field of contenders is at all unfair when Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich, and Rick Perry are still in the race. All three of those cats have espoused their share of nut job ideas.

6. V_V says:

I’m moving out of the country before voting time so I just don’t care. Oh well.