DISGRASIAN OF THE WEAK! This Wack “How To Be Asian” Tutorial

August 12th, 2011 | 8 comments | Posted by Jen

Here’s a video on “How To Be Asian” by some chick named Nicole. It’s supposed to be funny or something? Apparently it’s an inside joke and part of an ongoing schtick of Nicole’s that involves putting shit on her face to become another race (black, usually) and maybe being self-satirizing about it but also maybe just being lazy and racist.

Taped eyes? Yellowface? Ching chong? Yawn.

The real tip on “How To Be Asian” that’s missing from the vid? If you want to be Asian, rule number one is Don’t Suck. I don’t know if this video was supposed to make me laugh or give me an outrage boner but neither happened. It just kinda hung there like a stale fart waiting to be collected in a glass jar and ushered out of the room so the rest of us could carry on. It was meh, it was mediocre. Mediocrity, of course, is failure, and failure isn’t Asian.

[LA Weekly: How to Become Asian: Alexandra Wallace Wannabe Takes Video Racism to New Low]

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to “DISGRASIAN OF THE WEAK! This Wack “How To Be Asian” Tutorial”

1. farleyk says:

If only she’d put the mustard in her eyes and the tape on her face (and mouth).
    Could this be an obscure “dumb blond” joke?

2. pdxislander says:

I get so tired of being asked to rearrange my perspective to fit someone else’s perspective: never expect observers and strangers on the internet to get the inside joke if it’s just between this girl and her (token) asian friend. It’s just ridiculous that we need to see a public display of this and then excuse it as, ‘well, maybe there’s something we don’t know about in the context”. Cmon!

If I thought that was a responsible way to make satirical videos I’d post a response to this youtube work titled “how to be a dumb cracker”. It’d go hand in hand with the mustard.

3. pdxislander says:

Oh, I see I’m mistaken. Usually I see such enlightening wastes of time on Youtube, and am not familiar with hip hop star, or whatever this forum is…..

4. aptkane says:

So…..once again, a dumb white girl makes a stupid racist YouTube video…

Can we just ban them from YouTube? Please? Can’t we write the President of YouTube and present the case?

5. iesu says:

Can I just say, the fact that the Gwen Stefani/Harajuku Girls bit was stuck in at the end was sort of the icing on the shit cake that was this video. As if I needed more proof that Gwen Stefani’s appropriation of Harajuku culture wasn’t barf-inducing already

6. jgotmilk says:

This video should be titled, “How to be a Dumb Ass”.

7. jgotmilk says:

…because she looks like a dumb ass…in case it wasn’t clear…