March 28th, 2011 | 16 comments | Posted by Jen

If there’s a hell, I’d like to imagine there’s a special ring for the American soccer fan who yelled “Konnichiwa, Bitches!” during a moment of silence held before a friendly match between the U.S. and Argentina.

There that soccer fan will be exposed Clockwork Orange-style to the most horrific images from the Japanese quake and tsunami that’s left over 10,000 dead at present count–or, if we’re being realistic, 28,000–to better understand who exactly he is saying hello to:

[WARNING: GRAPHIC]

Mass grave in Higashi Matsushima designed to accomodate 1,000 bodies due to “the lack of facilities to cremate bodies” (photo via)

Family members say good-bye at the mass grave site in Higashi Matsushima (photo via)

The covered body of a quake/tsunami victim in Rikuzentakata (photo via)

Yoshie Murakami holds the hand of her dead mother in the rubble of her home in Rikuzentakata. Her daughter is still missing (photo via)

The body of a victim extracted from the wreckage in Minamisanriku, Myagi province (photo via)

Thanks, Jasmine

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

16 Responses to “To The Person Who Yelled “Konnichiwa, Bitches” During A Moment Of Silence For Japan [WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOS]”

Horrible. I also believe that Nobel Peace Prize Concert performer Robyn would be furious and heartbroken to hear of her lyric used in this awful context.

2. jjae says:

Slightly off topic but, the last picture is actually a still from the 2010 movie “Aftershock”. It is based on the 1976 tragic earthquake in China that killed nearly 250,000 people.

and

@jjae Thank you for finding that. I was having trouble locating the source of that pic and wondered about its veracity. It’s being removed…

All the photos currently in the post have been authenticated. Thanks, jjae for the due diligence!

5. isaacakira says:

I just wanna burn his tongue with my blowtorch.

@isaacakira We’ll hold him down for you.

7. V_V says:

Sigh…empathy is in short supply nowadays. Terrible.

@isaacakira I’ll bring my blow torch so you’ll have a spare.

I love that our readers have blow torches!

10. aptkane says:

Those are such powerful pictures. My heart goes out to the victims and breaks, once again, by the stupidity that runs rampant in America’s youth.

*sigh*……

Thanks ladies…glad there’s a voice of intelligence out there.

11. farleyk says:

I could pile on, and add my suggestion that this d-bag get the “habanero hotpants” treatment (or the “scoville strut”), where we stuff his undies with crushed, high-heat peppers and make him run laps. Yes, I could do that.
    But, one of the reasons I’ve remained loyal to Diana and Jen is that if I pay attention, I learn things here. What’s important and what’s not. Rather than allocate brain function to hating some ignoramus, to no effect, I’ll focus on my concern the poor folks who’ve been devastated by these disasters. I’ve spent some time in Japan, and I guess that makes it personal. I’m thinking of specific people I’ve met, and worry about them. I hope they’re alright.

@Jen…How do you brown your Creme Brulee? or repair copper plumbing?

@Cindy And…how do you have your Flashdance moment?

With a midnight skinny dip.

15. julygirl17 says:

Very sad pictures. My heart goes out to Japan. That person who said such an insensitive thing should take his stupid self over there and see the devastation, and realize he is a complete, heartless idiot.