10 reasons to love Inside Job producer and Academy Award winner Audrey Marrs:
- The first documentary she ever produced, No End in Sight, was nominated for an Academy Award.
- The second documentary she ever produced, Inside Job, won an Academy Award last night.
- Before she was a documentary producer, she was an art curator.
- Before she was a curator, she was a riot grrrl who played in Mocket and later Bratmobile.
- Marrs is of Japanese descent.
- Marrs’ mother, Mariko, a native of Japan, did the set decoration on Inside Job. Check out her dope website here and weep because you were born to the wrong family.
- Marrs’ sister, Leona, is also a musician who played with the punk band Pretty Girls Make Graves.
- Marrs looked really hot last night and stood out among all the awards show drones who had to hire armies of people to look half as good.
- She kinda looks hot all the time–note how she rocks the LBD–and we can’t even hate her for it. (Well, okay, maybe a little.)
- Besides being hot, Marrs–Pacific Northwest denizen, riot grrrl, political documentary filmmaker, Oscar winner–is cool as fuck. We can’t decide if we wanna make out with her or be her BFF. Maybe both, in that order.
Filed under: 83rd Annual Academy Awards, Academy Award Winners, Alt Girls, Audrey Marrs, Beautiful Ladies, Best Documentary, Documentaries, Documentary Producer Audrey Marrs, Girl Crushes, Hapas, Inside Job Documentary, Japanese-Americans, Leona Marrs, Little Black Dresses, Mariko Marrs, Mixed People, Mixed-Race People, No End in Sight Documentary, Oscars, Pacific Northwest, People Who Are Cool as Fuck, Punk Rock, Riot Grrrl, Riot Grrrls, Winners
4 Responses to “New Girl Crush: Academy Award Winner Audrey Marrs”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.