1. Because that list of “brilliant, insightful comments” you plan to write one day on 20 of 8Asians’ archived posts ain’t gettin’ any shorter.
2. Panel discussions are actually really, really, really fun. It’s like being in a college humanities class without having to pay tuition, meet with your TA, or do homework.
3. Because in person, Angry Asian Man isn’t all that angry.
4. Because bloggers are typically way better-looking in real life than the pasty, computer-necked trolls we often imagine them to be.
5. Community man, community.
6. Because it’s about time somebody give host/memoirist Lac Su a hug and an “I Love You.”
7. Because, all jokes aside, there are so many AMAZIANS slated to speak at this event, it’s not even funny. Want to have an extensive, insightful, modern, diverse, REAL dialog about the shifts and challenges facing the AAPI universe? Now’s your chance.
8. You, too, can get tips on starting your own blog! And then we’ll be like, kindred spirits.
9. Gil Asakawa can really party like a champ. Don’t let him tell you otherwise.
10. We hear there’s free booze. OKAY, we haven’t heard that, but we’re sure no one would frown upon a classily-sipped classy flask. Not if there are any ragians in the house!
Want more clarificasian on what the fuzz Banana 2 is? Joz Wang has done a kickass job of laying it all out at jozjozjoz.
You’ve got 20 bucks. You’ve got time tomorrow. So why not head to the ol’ CBS building? The shit’s gonna be B-A-N-A-N-A-S*.
*I’m sorry I made a Gwen Stefani reference. That stupid song just kept running through my head the entire time I wrote this post. She is butt.
One Response to “10 Reasons You Should Attend Banana 2 Tomorrow”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.