Taking Time Off Might Not Be AMAZIAN…

December 20th, 2010 | 10 comments | Posted by Diana

Time for PLAYSIAN!

…but we’re doing it! We’ve got some important stuff to do over the next two weeks: Sleep/eat/sleep/play/eat/sleep/eat/awkwardly hug our families/sleep/eat/buy stuff/have fun/sleep/eat.

If you’re traveling, please be safe and patient. If you’re seeing family, please be drunk and patient. And if you’re not doing either… YOU’RE SMARTER THAN WE THOUGHT! Much respeck! We knew we loved you for a reason!

So HAPPY HOLIDAYSIANS, everyone! Thank you for another wonderful year and see y’all in 2011.

xx
Diana and Jen

Filed under: , , , ,

10 Responses to “Taking Time Off Might Not Be AMAZIAN…”

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jasmine Davila. Jasmine Davila said: RT @disgrasian Taking Time Off Might Not Be AMAZIAN… http://dlvr.it/Bnqkf [...]

2. [...] Taking Time Off Might Not Be AMAZIAN… | DISGRASIAN™ [...]

3. BusyDad says:

I hope Santa is good to you this year! I’ll be here when you get back!

4. noneinaye says:

@busy dad: Your blog is the cat’s ass, the bee’s knees, super awesome.

You don’t have to answer if you don’t want but I’m curious what your families are like. Writers and readers.

Seeing my family is always awkward good times. Its really hapa. Half of us are korean while the other half are like white and chinese mixed so there’s a bunch of kids running around with blonde hair blue eyes that a bit Asian looking. And my cousin recently married and had a baby with Chinese lady so now my family went from like a quarter to a third Chinese. I don’t even keep track anymore.

The hapa white/chinese kids usually end up crawling all over me and my Korean cousins the entire night while I try to avoid their super stereotypical upper middle class catholic parents. I’m a contemptuous atheist armed with snark leaking out of my butt cheeks so I try not to make too much contact with them. Oh well, Cheers to family.

I figure I should try to marry and have kids with an black person to keep the interracial tradition alive.

5. BusyDad says:

@noneinaye THANK YOU! Very very much. But in the spirit of our Asianess, I have to say “no no no, I just whipped up the blog with some old notes I had laying around.”

My family before I got married was straight up Chinese with a little bit of Japanese thrown in the mix. I’m lucky in that my family is really chill when it comes to hardassness though. My wife is Filipino, and that side is fun as hell. It’s really mixed too, ethnically speaking, so we also have the little bit Asian looking kids thing going on. I love that to death. Also, the food. If you haven’t been to a Filipino party, you haven’t been stuffed to the seams. They are, however, really Catholic, which makes it awkward sometimes for me (I’m a recovering Catholic) when they pray and go to church and stuff. But if I offer to cook while they go to church, it’s usually a win-win.

Happy Holidays to you!

@BusyDad Here’s a question that needs to be explored more in 2011 (paging Intern Jasmine): Are Filipinos the funnest Asians?! (My suspicion is yes. The next question is…why? Discuss.)

7. BusyDad says:

(disclaimer: Asian are allowed to stereotype amongst themselves, right?)

I’m going to say yes. Filippinos have the most fun (read: least hardass), which lends itself nicely to humor. Plus, they got the P and F swappage going on, which always leads to evenings full of F-word jokes. Chinese people are way too formal, which doesn’t lend itself to humor. But for piano practice, it is AWESOME. I’m also part Japanese, so… Japanese people are right in between. They are hardass until they drink, at which point they get all Filipino on your ass (but L and R swappage jokes aren’t as laugh out loud funny). Koreans like to drink too, at which point they get even more Korean on your ass.

8. Hello Kitty says:

Jumping into the discussion: the Filipino student association had the best dance parties in college. And had the best acts during the Asian Student cultural fair.

Hey Jen, Diane, and intern Jasmine, just don’t get caught sleeping because you might end up on this tumblr: http://asianssleepinginthelibrary.tumblr.com/

Happy holidays to all.

I think BusyDad should have regular Disgrasian guest posts!

10. SuJ says:

Have a great time off!

By the way, where did you find that sushi Christmas tree? :)