DISGWITTER OF THE WEAK! The Yao Ming “Made In China” Meme

December 17th, 2010 | 6 comments | Posted by Jen

Yao Ming has suffered yet another foot injury that could sideline him for the rest of the season and has some people wondering if this doesn’t signal the end of his NBA career.

So what do you do when the career of one of the NBA’s good guys is in jeopardy?  Cue the Yao Ming-Made In China jokes!

Is this meme “racist or stereotypical”?  Good question, “Joey”!

And the answer is: No! It’s racist and stereotypical!  Stay classy, Tweeps.

[NY Times: Yao Ming's Fragile Feet Could End Career]

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “DISGWITTER OF THE WEAK! The Yao Ming “Made In China” Meme”

man, sometimes I really think Twitter is a disease.

2. Apryl says:

Do they not realize that China COULD just make a faux designer replica of Yao Ming that would be indistinguishable from the original?

In fact, perhaps they have already!

@D Like a venereal disease.

4. noneinaye says:

I actually like twitter. Not for my own personal use(cause I don’t use it) but when dumb loud people have an opinion they usually voice it on twitter. It’s become MUCH easier to spot an asshole in this day and age. Yeah sure you may walk around for days in a festering rage because of an over exposure to internetz. But I’d rather know then be ignorant.

My god, Could you imagine the bullshit spewing out of twitter if it was around when Magic Johnson when he announced he had HIV?

5. Jet says:

Yao is over 7 feet 6 inches tall and weighs over 300 lbs and his job entails him to run and jump A LOT … with his NBA season plus his duties during the off season with the Chinese national team, thats a lot of jumping and running …

I’ve seen people who weigh less (not by much) and can’t even stand for a short periods of time … gigantic people using scooters (that most likely are made in china) to get around instead of walking … I would like to see how those people fair with even just 10% of what Yao does … I smell big failure in all that sweaty mess …

#imjustsayin :P

6. rockmanj says:

That is a horrible (and racist) meme, but he does seem to be made of toothpicks or something. I can’t remember the last time he played a full season. I think the simple fact is that his body just can’t handle its size, which is sad, since he is great to watch when he is healthy.