November 25th, 2010 | 11 comments | Posted by Diana

There’s the kind of gratitude that takes awhile to set in: “Hardass Asian Family, thank you so much for decades of judging me harshly, undercutting my achievements, and scoffing at my pursuit of the liberal arts so that one day, my friend and I might bond over such upbringings, commiserate loudly, and start a pale yellow website barking about shit.”

But some thankfulness takes no time to realize. And when it comes to you, dear friends and readers, please know that we appreciate you every single day. Thank you for your eyeballs. Thank you also for the endless support, tech help, injections of energy, tips, comments, tweets, retweets, Diggs, shares, stories, tears, empathy, hookups, handouts, action items, fightin’ words, witty epiphanies, challenging questions, care packages, moments of clarity, rad tunes, cute tees, utter brilliance, complete excellence, and total awesomeness.

WE ARE SO GRATEFUL FOR YOU ALL! HAPPY THANKSGIVING, DISGRASIAN NATION.

xoxo
Diana and Jen

And thanks for another great year, Jasmine!

Filed under: , , ,

11 Responses to “Thank You For Being Our Friends”

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by J A S M I N E, jasminedavila. jasminedavila said: RT @disgrasian Thank You For Being Our Friends http://dlvr.it/9B3x7 [...]

2. cDonnaF says:

Ah, parents. They’re there to introduce us to all the joy and the anguish that human beings are capable of inflicting on each other.
    And we do the same for them. Circle of Friggin Life here.

And thank YOU for being here and saying all those un-”ladylike” things that need to be said.

3. Thank you, Diana and Jen, for letting us commiserate with you and for the laughs.

4. jasmine says:

I’m crying.

Also, can I be the Rose? I think I identify most with her.

5. Hello Kitty says:

Hope you smart gals had lovely celebrations too. Did you all have truly American meals or were they Asiafied like my childhood’s? Soy sauce/garlic marinaded turkey with sesame rice stuffing?

Thank YOU for writing a blog that I get so much enjoyment out of. Even when you write about more serious issues, your writing styles really are the spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down. Reading your blog reminds me of talking to my friends. I truly enjoy it.
    Hope you both had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

7. johnminh says:

Thanking your readers for hookups: dude what have I been missing out on?!? In all seriousness, I’m thankful for the online Asian American community for sharing our stories and giving us a voice that is absent from mainstream media. You all rock and Disgrasian’s super sexy pale yellow site rocks hard! Heh, I said ‘hard.’

Thank YOU for being the most rockin’ kick ass smart funny irreverent on point blog queens EVER! Nobody out there compares. I have a pre Disgrasian life and the new and improved post Disgrasian awakening. Thank you for sharing your brilliant commiserations! You two are the best!

9. prometheus says:

Happy T-Day to you two, too!

10. BusyDad says:

I love you more than house special fried rice. That’s saying a LOT.

@BusyDad WHOA. YAY!