How To Be A Badass Mothershucker

October 6th, 2010 | 7 comments | Posted by Jen

There are certain skills in life that I believe all intelligent humans should have. Like how to drive a stick (check). Or how to surf (someday). One such skill particularly prized by yours truly is how to shuck an oyster (check). Oysters are my favorite food and they should be yours too, because they’re full of things that are good for and to you, namely, minerals, saltwater and sex.

Leave it to the cool kids behind NY/LA boutique Opening Ceremony–they’re Asian, naturally–and Momofuku‘s David Chang to present an easy and artful how-to:

Now, all you need to know is how to open a bottle of champagne (check)–which under no circumstances should be relegated to “a man’s job”–and you’re on your way to a perfect evening.

[Opening Ceremony]

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to “How To Be A Badass Mothershucker”

Check, check, check, check! My surfing isn’t great but it holds up enough to make me feel like I just won an award here or something.

@Diana We were meant to be.

(PS Will you take me surfing some time and promise not to laugh? Okay, you can laugh. A little.)

3. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jasmine D and jasminedavila, Andye. Andye said: RT @disgrasian: How To Be A Badass Mothershucker http://dlvr.it/6dn6q [...]

4. farleyk says:

I assume skateboarding doesn’t even remotely qualify for the surfing merit badge? Yeah, don’t bother, I’ll just scuff my dejected little self away.

@Jen MFEO! And we should totally go. We’ll longboard at Trestles down in my old hood.

@Jen I’m not a big oyster fan…and am quite shocked that you and I have found something we don’t have in common. I can, however, make a beautifully perfect cheese souffle…and have made a lobster souffle. Does that make up the difference?

@Diana can I join the surfing lesson? Can I? Can I? Can I huh?

@farleyk Skateboarding is cool, I can’t knock it. But it’s easier to fake than surfing.