DISGRASIAN OF THE WEAK! Project Runway’s Ivy Higa

October 8th, 2010 | 9 comments | Posted by Jen

Hey Botany Lovers, did you know there are some so-called ivy plants in the grape family?

There’s Boston ivy, Japanese ivy, Grape ivy (naturally), and Project Runway‘s Ivy Higa, whose grapes, as witnessed on last night’s episode, are very, very sour.

Ivy was booted from the show two weeks before but brought back this week, along with five other former contestants, to be a Sewing Bitch for one of the six remaining designers. But instead of shutting up and making “a look”–as they refer to clothes on the show–pretty, Ivy decided to stir up some drrrama and accuse one of the designers still in the competition, Michael C., of cheating in a past challenge. Something about tape over a model’s boobs. In other words: huh?

Ivy also accused Michael C. of playing “the game”–in a competition, no less!–and told him the only reason he was still on the show was because, “You talk shit about people and you sabotage people.”

Sound familiar? If you haven’t been following the show, this is Ivy a few episodes back talking shit and sabotaging another Michael, Michael D., whom she had to partner with in a challenge:

Tim Gunn eventually weighed in on Ivy’s cheating accusations and, ever the voice of reason, declared the whole thing a “non-case,” which I think was his polite way of saying “bullfuckingshit.”

Ivy, however, wasn’t done killing other people’s dreams! Because Christopher, the designer who Ivy assisted during last night’s episode, was the person who got eliminated. Coincidence?!

And once her work there was done, Ivy went home the loser, again, and came to the startling realization as she hung up her measuring tape for the night that it wasn’t dressmaking that was her calling after all, but vinegar-making. Very, very sour vinegar-making.

[Stylelist: 'Project Runway' Recap: Season 8, Episode 11 - Bad Sports]
[My Lifetime: Project Runway "A Look in the Line"]

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to “DISGRASIAN OF THE WEAK! Project Runway’s Ivy Higa”

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by DISGRASIAN™, Jasmine D, jasminedavila, Cindy K. Shaw, Jasmine L. and others. Jasmine L. said: RT @disgrasian: DISGRASIAN OF THE WEAK! Project Runway’s Ivy Higa http://dlvr.it/6npwv [...]

2. Kristina says:

What Ivy did was pretty bitchy, but I can’t stand Michael C. either.

3. hahahachu thefluisonyou says:

That ivy, (sigh)… my fave ivy quote was “you don’t wanna see a korean get angry, trust me!”(trust me, you REALLY don’t)

I love that you gals follow PROJECT RUNWAY. you do me, and countless other gaysians, proud!!! btw. Mondo FTW! and Andy FTBR!! (‘for the bedroom’ that is. ifyanowuttimeeen…)

4. Chandra says:

I visit this website once in a while when I’m bored and I decide to post a response here since I too watch this season of Project Runway.
    I think I’m the only who doesn’t hate Ivy but I pity her. One thing is she’s an idiot. Some people are bitter, hateful, bitchy, petty, etc. but that’s human nature. However, some are clever enough not to show that side on TV, and apparently, Ivy is too stupid to even realize that she displayed her ugly personality for the whole world to see and now she is denounced for that.

You guys should know better because this is a television show. We don’t know the whole story behind the scene but we do know that producers or whoever intended to edit their version and make it seem like she’s really the poison ivy here.

5. DrMJF9 says:

Reading this article criticizing Ms Higa for her poor attitude…..reminds me of the endless times I have heard Asians criticizing other Asians because they have said or done things which make “All Asians Look Bad.”

IN OTHER WORDS WE ARE STILL BEHOLDEN TO WHAT WHITE PEOPLE THINK OF US

I know many people believe that this attitude we have isn’t about White acceptance of Asians, but when you think about it intellectualy it is the way we as Asians collectively think either along a conscious or subconcious level.

How many time have we heard someone say that “I’m not your typical Asian” or The (Asian) person embarasses me. These are both coded messages, the first one means “I’m just like a White person” and the second one means “I’m the good Asian and that other person is the bad Asian” ISN’T IT ABOUT TIME WE QUIT PAYING HEED TO WHAT THE MAJORITY RACE THINKS OF US?

@DrMJF9 If you honestly believe that Asians criticizing other Asians is just a bid for “White acceptance,” this blog is probably not for you.

@Chandra We agree that Ivy is, as you say, “too stupid to even realize that she displayed her ugly personality for the whole world to see.” But her idiocy notwithstanding, she’s still the one who should know better.

8. Zinna says:

Cool site. Love you gals.

And Jen, good responses to both theDr and Chandra.

9. Mr. RollEgg says:

I always get a good laugh out of the tags you choose for each story. “dreamkillers”?! Haha! Keep up the good work! :-D