Welcome To The World, Asian Ken Doll!

September 10th, 2010 | 10 comments | Posted by Diana

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are witnessing a landmark moment.

The first Asian Ken® Doll is here, from Mattel:

He’s chiseled and fit, with impeccably-tweezed brows and luscious locks. Gosh. he feels so… so… FAMILIAR. Wait, I know! He looks exactly like a young…

VIETNAMESE GENDER-BENDING SUPERSTAR, TUAN ANH!!!!!!

[via Dolls of Color]

Thanks, DOC!

Filed under: , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “Welcome To The World, Asian Ken Doll!”

1. Jenny Rain says:

Wow, it’s great that there’s an Asian doll/action figure, but what is he wearing? His outfit is straight out of The Matrix! Maybe we should call him Keanu Barbie. And what’s happening on top of his head? I’m terribly confused…

2. IraeNicole says:

My first thought was he stole Destro’s outfit.

3. cDonnaF says:

What–?
    That’s–?
    HUH?

For half a second, I thought, “Hey, he looks a little bit like Ken Watanabe!” (But then I’ve got Ken Watanabe on the brain lately.)
    Then I looked again.
    “Japanese-styled clothing”? Uh, no.

Mattel(c) honey, how about you just… start over? ‘K?

4. BusyDad says:

Anything less than straw slippers and a rice paddy hat is simply an insult to me and my people.

5. johnminh says:

Holy crap! That doll is $38.99 + $2 for the “mint condition” collector’s upgrade (plus shipping+ handling and maybe even tax)! My cheap-ass Asian shopping sense says “No thank you!”

*Goes back to eagerly awaiting the arrival of his $300 iPod Touch*

6. vivian says:

this is the greatest side-by-side comparison since conan to tarja halonen

7. Teamrobhogg says:

Please refer this to Angry Asian Man.