September 24th, 2010 | 17 comments | Posted by Jen

We’ve received all kinds of hate mail over the years, but we’ve never received hate mail from a past DISGRASIAN of the Weak.

Until now!

It’s too bad it took this long for a DOTW to push back, because the email below from anti-immigration crusader Yeh Ling-Ling is kind of the kitchen sink of hate mail, a terrific read with something for everyone: Accusations of jealousy!  Insults to our intelligence! History lessons!  Asian, African, and Latin American people stereotyped as violent mass murderers!  A portent of our own murders that sounds creepily like a death threat!

And how could I forget: The bringing of shame to our families!

Funny that she should mention our parents, because while my own read the blog, they rarely comment on posts, since they’re typically too busy with their choir practice and their potluck dinners and their taking of cruises to random places in the world. But it just so happens that my father wrote me right after we made Ms. Yeh–who’s made a career out of smearing immigrants as wasteful, violent job-stealers–DISGRASIAN of the Weak.

Below is a copy of his email (only his name and one line have been blacked out for privacy reasons):

I sure did “embarrasse” him, didn’t I?

[DISGRASIAN OF THE WEAK! Yeh Ling-Ling, Immigrant Hater]

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

17 Responses to “In The Event Of Our Murder, Immigrant-Hater Yeh Ling-Ling Will Say ‘I Told You So’ At Our Funerals”

Big Giant Standing Ovation to Dad!

2. cDonnaF says:

Stupid woman. Doesn’t she know the torturous U.S. immigration policy already penalizes folks who are peaceful and law-abiding? Criminals have a much easier time getting into and staying in this country than people who try their best to follow the rules.
    My ancestors came from Scotland, Ireland, England, and so forth. Good thing there’s not a long history of people in those countries killing each other… oh.
    Talk about people who came to this country and killed the inhabitants by the thousands and millions–I’d be more impressed with virulent anti-immigrationists if they were Native American.

By the way, Your Father Is Right ™.
    You are doing a good job.
    Thank you.

And you are “stupid bigots” how?
    You are neither. You are intelligent women who speak out for what’s right, and do so with humor and wit. In your case, a spoonful of sass helps the medicine go down.

Your dad is right. I’m sure that e-mail was his way of saying he’s proud of you.

4. Teamrobhogg says:

If Mrs. Feinberg took the time to read the post she was referring to, spell check her email or promulgate a cohesive/coherent argument in said email I might give a moment to consider anything she said.
    Actually probably not…

5. CeciWang says:

If Ms. Yeh was intelligent, she would not write such a derogatory
    email and shamelessly untruthful comments.

You are very intelligent and you have written things truthfully.
    Not only is your dad proud of you, but also your Mom! We stand by
    you and your beliefs 100 percent, always!

Ha! I’m two-for-two.

I wish my parents would leave comments.

8. Le says:

Uhhhh I am seriously confused by her email. What does the violence in the Killing Fields or Japanese Imperialism have anything to do with immigration into America? It just sounds like she’s implying that people from those countries kill each other, so if they come to the U.S., they will kill Americans too. I guess I better start running before my cousins get here!!!!

@Diana Would love to see what your parents had to say.

Run, Le, run!

@Jen “Why can’t you write more like Jen?”

12. BusyDad says:

Stupid immigrants will kill my son’s chances of getting into Harvard. Keep them out I say!

13. msmargie says:

I was reading Dalianmoon’s post too quickly and thought it said “A spoonful of a$$….”
    Y’all rock.

14. Hello Kitty says:

Mrs. Feinberg or Ms or whatever the Hello Kitty she calls herself forgot the final insult.

“You Jen and Diana will never find good husbands or have smart children who will grow up to attend (choose: MIT, Harvard of Cal Tech).”

Hey, I am multilingual and can say “idiot” in five languages, including Chinese, Taiwanese and French. Yay me? The amount of BS, denial, self-hate in this woman is enough to fertilize all the killing fields.

@Hello Kitty I need to start using the phrase “whatever the Hello Kitty”!

16. AsianGirlProf says:

For someone who seems so proud of her “tremendous success” and intelligence, Ms. Yeh writes a woefully incoherent email. I’m a writing teacher, and I gotta say, my immigrant students are far better writers. =P”’

17. Hello Kitty says:

@Jen, usually I say, “what the Hello Kitty” because WTF is not appropriate for a proper Chinese suburban mother/ banker’s wife.