DISGRASIAN’s Summer Reading: F*ck Yeah Memebon!

August 12th, 2010 | 6 comments | Posted by Diana

We’ll be away from our desks the month of August, carrying on with the non-bloggy aspects of our lives, watching mindless movie blockbusters, and indulging in summery drinks made with generous pours of bourbon. During this month, we’ll be linking each day to a different website that we ♥. Hopefully you’ll discover something delightful and new while we’re gone. If not, you are a serious Captain Crankypants and are probably in dire need of a summery drink made with a generous pour of bourbon.

‘Til September, lovelies.

Memebon, cutest kitty in the world. He once fit in a bowl.

I’m definitely a dog person, but I’m no speciesist. I love any darling animal, even when said animal appears to be a giant severed fish head. And once upon a time, I fell in love with Memebon, a kitten from Cute Overload (one of my morning indulgences, right after Daily Puppy). For years I couldn’t get Memebon’s round face, concerned eyes, and tiny paws out of my head. Memebon. Memebon. He fits in a bowl! He is the cutest kitten that has ever existed! Memebon!

I mean…

Look at those wittle feet. And those wittle fwiends.

COME OOOON! THIS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!

ZOMG, where did his FACE go?

Memebon was my favorite kitten. And in my mind, he stayed a kitten forever.

But in fact, Memebon grew up. And he’s still AWESOME.

Better yet, awesome grown-up Memebon’s adventures with mom Goma and Uncle Fuku are being documented daily by his owners in Japan. But since most of us are English readers/speakers, I’m recommending y’all to a Tumblr page called Fuck Yeah Memebon!, which aggregates all of the best Memebon/Fuku/Goma pictures from their blog.

Enjoy him. He is the cutest kitty EVVVVVVAARRRRR.

[Fuck Yeah Memebon!]
[ふく と ごま]

Filed under: , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “DISGRASIAN’s Summer Reading: F*ck Yeah Memebon!”

1. isaacakira says:

The kittie name is only Meme (めめ), not Memebon (have no idea where they got this name).

2. farleyk says:

Diana, what about another adorable cat, Maru?

@isaacakira the suffix “bon,” i believe, can be translated loosely to “boy.” it’s a way of referring to a young boy in a family.

@farleyk LOVE maru, too! maru loves that box!

5. mizzj says:

OMG SO CUTE. He’s kinda grumpy looking as an adult, kinda like some child actors who grew up into not so cute grownups.

6. pompom says:

From all accounts I have read, Meme is a girl kitty. Quick way to tell: some 99.9999% of calico cats are female; ’tis a chromosomal thing. Not that Meme isn’t special enough to be one of the super-rare, 1 in 3000 male Calicos, but I am pretty sure she is a lady cat.