Funny story: I’ve fallen in love with Nissan’s breakthrough, 100% electric car, the LEAF, after seeing Lance Armstrong’s gentle-toned commercial during every other break of the Tour De France thus far (also appreciated the LEAF-sponsored commercial-free hour during yesterday’s Stage 15 climb through the Pyrenees, which allowed the world to witness the jaw-dropping moment of Alberto Contador yanking the yellow jersey by taking questionable advantage of Andy Schleck’s mechanical error).
A few miles (and months) away (and ago), Jen also fell for the zero-emissions LEAF after watching this adorable stop-motion spot from Nissan that illustrates the experience of driving around town with your buddies with a zip-zero-nada carbon footprint:
But why wouldn’t we be down with the LEAF? After all…
- It’s CUTE, and y’all know Asians love cute things!
- It’s SENSIBLE (a quality in cars our Hardass Asian Parents instilled in us to prioritize, probably about the same time we were learning how to play the piano).
- It’s a NISSAN, which means our aforementioned HAPs will ride in it without complaining ad nauseam about how sucky the craftsmanship of cars made in [insert name of any other country that produces cars] is.
- It’s GREEN, which makes it sexy.
- Lance Armstrong says they’re cool!*
*Jen isn’t really swayed by this, but Diana would jump off the Pyrenees if Armstrong said to.
5 Responses to “BABEWATCH: The Nissan LEAF”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.