So Your Mom Is A Fob. What’s Your Dad’s Story?

May 4th, 2010 | 7 comments | Posted by Diana

We never tire of the Hardass Asian mama-isms collected on our favorite user-generated blog, My Mom Is A Fob. But a visit to the site sometimes leaves us wanting for more, especially for nods to our beloved papas*. Enter the best thing that ever happened to our Tuesday, High Expectations Asian Father. Their brilliant logline: “The meme dedicated to the bitchiest parents in the world. Too bad we love them.” It’s like I Can Haz Cheezburger, but from the voice of your beady-eyed, higher-educated, dissatisfied chromosome donor.

How does he respond to affection? Should be no surprise.

Is he proud of your success? Damn straight.

He’s also got a joke or two in him.

And at the end of the day, he’s also got incredible wit (mixed in with some f’d up speling)!

Hooray for Hardass Asian Dads! Without them, who can make you feel so deeply inadequate that you, out of sheer rebellion and insecurity, become wildly successful? (Your mom.)

[Tumblr: High Expectations Asian Father]

*There’s a MyDadIsAFob.com, too! Where have we been its whole life?

Thanks, Jasmine!

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to “So Your Mom Is A Fob. What’s Your Dad’s Story?”

1. harald hardrada says:

hilarious — in my dad’s generation ‘fob’ meant fat old broad — things are getting better in the good ol’ u.s. of a.

2. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jasmine Davila and Taiwanese American , jasminedavila. jasminedavila said: RT @disgrasian So Your Mom Is A Fob. What’s Your Dad’s Story? http://dlvr.it/mwQh [...]

3. joonbug says:

EESH, a lot different from my dad’s story, he was a journalist, whose daddy had 3 wives, and fought in the Korean war. He was a lot more laid back and married a doctor’s daughter, if I forget something, he would say, if I went #2, do I forget to wipe my a**, or do I forget to put my nose on my face, and he always said follow your dreams, do your best, whereas my momma was the daddy in the pic.

4. rockmanj says:

In the article, “High Expectations Asian Father” links to “Icanhascheeseburger.com”. Not to sound like a Hardass Asian Father, but my disappointment runs as deep as the mighty Han river (j/k mostly, but the link is wrong).

5. Le says:

FYI when I click on High Expectations Asian Father, it leads me to the I Can Haz Cheezburger site.

@rockmanj and @Le it’s now fixed! thank you for pointing out my failure. :/

7. Shayera says:

I got a taste of hardass Asian Dad this week. I was telling him about the possible flat tire tragedy I avoided when I got “why should the tire on your 2 year old car have to be replaced? The car doesn’t even have 18,000 miles!” And more along the same vein. Brought me squarely back to my youth.