The (Tea Party) Revolution Will Not Be Spelled Correctly

April 2nd, 2010 | 12 comments | Posted by Jen

You know those people who automatically assume you don’t speak English or say “Wow! Your English is really good” when it’s obvs your first language or the people who never seem to be able to understand what you’re saying even though you basically speak the Queen’s English and the OED is, like, your favorite book?

I’m pretty sure those are the same dumbasses who wrote these Tea Party protest signs (via Pargon’s flickr under “Teabonics”):

Lady, yoo yu yew ewe you have NO idea.

See the whole “Teabonics” gallery here. Trust me, its itz its’ it’s worth it.

All photos via:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pargon/ / CC BY 2.0

Thanks, Erica!

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to “The (Tea Party) Revolution Will Not Be Spelled Correctly”

1. Ha ha ha, they claim to have a supreme authority over the English language and yet they have poor spelling and punctuation, and presentation that they would exercise this practice, how uneducated are these pricks?

2. harald hardrada says:

where our political system threatens us is where the different parties agree, not where they disagree — tea partiers agree with republicans & democrats that it’s rewarding to fight wars or to support wars by proxy: for instance, in lebanon or in georgia — anybody who thinks tea partiers have a strategy for cutting spending while waging war is deluded — anybody who thinks democrats aren’t warmongers is ignoring the saber-rattling hysteria about iran, for instance — or is ignoring how by supporting the war in afghanistan, democrats are implicitly supporting the 90% monopoly that afghanistan enjoys worldwide in opium sales — when the americans invaded, afghan farmers were producing no opium whatsoever — today afghan farmers could earn more from producing wheat than they earn from opium, but that would make everybody in washington fret

3. sarahsome says:

people who don’t know the difference between your and you’re or their, there, and they’re irk the shit out of me!

4. Le says:

Wow this is hilarious! *mad chuckles*

5. farleyk says:

For some reason, this makes me think of Dean Wormer in Animal House, and his immortal advice:

“Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.”

6. Simon says:

Reminds me of the internet.

7. prometheus says:

<3 disgrasian

Ugh! This makes me think of a few months ago, when one of my son’s teacher’s after having a lengthy conversation with my husband and I said:

“You’re husband speaks very good English.”

I wanted to come back at her with:

“Um, yeah. Considering the fact that he has lived in English speaking countries since he was four, and lived here in the U.S. since he was 9, I should hope so.”

Sheesh! Some people.

Ack! I just noticed my own mistakes! That’s what I get for commenting in the wee hours of the morning.

Haha! Bad spelling is a disease. Totally contagious.

11. [...] everywhere are saying you better learn it if you want to live [...]

12. [...] that hardly deserves the amount of attention they receive, but dammitall if their amusing take on the English language doesn’t keep us coming back for more! When we heard about this incident, it fascinated us because [...]