Jersey Shore Goes To KTown

April 6th, 2010 | 16 comments | Posted by Jen

A casting call has gone out on Craigslist: LA looking for “interesting, attractive, colorful Asian-Americans” to star in a reality show in the style of Jersey Shore and The Real World. Tyrese is allegedly producing.

The notice sez:

We need attractive Asian-Americans with lively, strong, and unique personalities between the ages of 18 to 30 with equally interesting life stories and perspectives to share, especially individuals who know about and/or experienced the Koreatown life.

Personally I think this idea’s genius, and I’d like Diana to audition for the show–I’m too old, which, for once, I think, is a good thing–mostly so she could fuck some bitches up, because that’s what they do on reality TV, right? That and get arrested? Plus, she has access to a Bumpit–her sister’s–plus, she loves the Koreatown life, particularly the Koreatown restaurants. (I actually had to look up what a Bumpit was, which, also, I think, is a good thing?)

The show is even looking for non-Asians to round out the cast.

If you are not Asian but are obsessed with Asian culture or people in some way, email us and please explain.

Yes, yes, and while you’re at it–you who are obsessed with Asian culture or people in some way (um, I think you know what they’re talkin about)–why don’t you email us and explain, too, you horny freak you.

[Craigslist: Casting Asian Americans for reality show (Los Angeles/Hollywood)]

Thanks, Jasmine!

Filed under: , , , , , , , , ,

16 Responses to “Jersey Shore Goes To KTown”

1. jasmine says:

I wish I could say an image of Diana’s face Photoshopped onto a picture of Snooki was forthcoming but alas I’m out this afternoon. Personally, I want to see Diana’s audition video post-haste. The viewers of DISGRASIANtube agree!

2. Friggles says:

It would somehow be more interesting then “Jersey Shore” and sounds like the cast would be made up of mostly Koreans as the cast calling is coming from Koreatown. Koreans of all ages are really into watching their own versions of soap operas and are in fact a very emotional people. So um…expect lot’s of spicy soups, bbq, VERY emotional karaoke torch songs, lot’s of texting and a few dramatic outbursts.

3. rocknrolltrouble says:

Can’t wait to see your audition tapes.

4. harald hardrada says:

Jen, you’ve got to be kidding — you’re barely old enough to vote — if i owned a bar i’d card you for fear of losing my job lest you were part of a police team trying to entrap me for serving the underaged

you & Diana are well worth watching

I don’t think Diana would get picked. Mostly because I like her, and reality TV seems, for the most part, to be populated with people I want to slap.
    If she did audition and get picked, though, I would have to watch, just to see what kind of shit she would stir up.

@harald You’re too kind.

7. PoweredByRice says:

Can’t wait to see the show……..it will be 50 minutes of people dancing to “Oh L’Amour” and playing “Farmville” on their Facebook accounts. Heheh!

8. chirotran says:

I would watch but I don’t think this will be a great portrayal of asians. Both of you gals look young and smoking. great job i like this website.

@PoweredByRice LMAO at “50 minutes of people dancing to ‘Oh L’Amour’.” Maybe, just MAYBE, I’ve been guilty of that in my life. (Shhhhhhhh…don’t tell!)

I think I too am happy/lucky to be too old to consider such a thing. …and Jen, your secret(s) are safe with me.

11. Le says:

Hmmm I wonder if they’ll end up casting a bunch of white guys who dig Asian girls for this show. If they do that, they’d better get some Asian guy-loving white girls in there too, ya know, to balance it out.

12. PoweredByRice says:

Aw shucks, everybody knows that “Oh L’Amour” and “Bizarre Love Triangle” are like….the national anthems of Asian America! At least they were when I was clubbing back in the early 90′s….

And for the white chicks out there who may not understand….here’s a simple formula:

Oh L’Amour = Any song from the Grease soundtrack.

@dalianmoon thanks! well, i could always be like an undercover cop…

14. Maeko says:

So basically an Asian equivalent show of Asian airheads and taint-wipes and the douchebags who obsess over them?

GREAT.

Another one that accurately portrays our people, and gives the mainstream media consumer an in-depth insight into what “our peeps” are like.

Then again, if we’re no longer portrayed as math geeks, science whizzes, and violinists, maybe it could be a good thing. “Hey, we’re just as douchebaggy as the rest of you c*nt-rags on MTV. Check it out, yo!”

Or not.

15. dinhster says:

This sounds like a tragic idea. WTF is wrong with TV?

16. [...] “Just say NO to the K-Town Reality Show” Facebook page. Or join other Asian fans like DISGRASIAN and [...]