It’s 4:20 Everywhere

April 20th, 2010 | 12 comments | Posted by Jen

It’s 4:20 somewhere everywhere today, so you don’t want to read any more AMAZING LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY CRAZY SEXY COOL blog posts, do you? No, you want to get baked, put on the Discovery Channel, get more baked, eat some potato snacks, eat some red and green gummi bears (leaving the yellow and orange ones for when frenemies come over), get more baked, smoke a dozen couple cigarettes, coat your burning throat with a handful of Ricolas, find a taco truck, decide that the outside world is a little too scary at the moment, go back home, lay down in the middle of the living room on a fluffy rug, put on some old records–I’m partial to 70′s country, like Emmylou or Linda Ronstadt–get more baked, and pass out as the last light of the day creeps through the blinds, right?

But in case you’re actually on the interwebz harshing your own mellow, here are a few choice 4/20 links:

420 MEANING: THE TRUE STORY OF HOW APRIL 20 BECAME ‘WEED DAY’ (HuffPo) – A long, rambling explanation of where the term “420″ comes from. Kinda like a stoned conversation, but with facts.

AP-CNBC POLL: MOST IN US AGAINST LEGALIZING POT (AP) – 55% of Americans oppose the legalization of marijuana. These are also the same 55% who oppose fun.

CHEECH AND CHONG HAVEN’T GONE TO POT (LA Times) – At 65 and 71, respectively, with a new concert film out and an ongoing comedy tour, Cheech and Chong are proving that olds still know how to party.

LEGAL CALIF. POT? SOME GROWERS BUMMED (MSNBC) – Legalizing marijuana in California? It’s all good. Unless you’re a pot grower in Humboldt County. Go figure.

KOREATOWN POT HOTEL OPENING TONIGHT, BUT IS FORECLOSURE IMMINENT (Curbed LA) – A “pot-friendly” hotel is opening tonight in LA’s Koreatown. One of the hotel partners is Dennis Peron, who coauthored Prop 215, California’s medical marijuana initiative. But it looks like the hotel’s already having financial troubles. A stoner hotel and sketchy finances? Sounds about right.

‘KUMAR’ ACTOR ROBBED AT GUNPOINT IN D.C. (TMZ) – Speaking of harshing one’s mellow, how weird is it that Kal Penn was robbed at gunpoint in D.C. on 4/20? And when I say “weird,” I mean…really fuckin’ terrifying. See what I mean about the outside world being a little too scary? Which is why you shouldn’t leave the warm and fuzzy confines of your living room and instead, watch…

THE TOP TEN STONER FILMS OF ALL TIME (Spike) – The Big Lebowski is #1. Start there.

Thanks, Dave and Jasmine!

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to “It’s 4:20 Everywhere”

1. farleyk says:

Hey! I like the orange and green gummies. Not so fond of the reds. This one place I used to get ‘em had white ones that were white grape flavor. Those, I hoarded like an angry squirrel.

I love the white ones, too! Although they’re not always the same flavor depending on the brand. Haribo’s claim to be “pineapple” but I feel like they’re actually some kind of mystery flavor.

3. mizzj says:

Haha you just described my Thursday nights!

Dude, Jen… come over. I’m watching “Life” on mute.

5. noneinaye says:

You know what sucks about getting older? Loosing all your pot connections. There are a lot of people out there that don’t have access to decent headies. This is a huge problem for senior members of our community.

I don’t know why but I always assumed you guys (Jen and Diane) lived together. But I guess thats just my lonely broke ass thinking that everyone needs to live with their friends.

@Diana You got red and green gummi bears??? If so, I’ll be over in 20.

@DianA, if Jen is going for all the red and green, that means there will be plenty of orange for me right?

@ Cindy oh yes. PLENTY.

jen always gives me bags of yellow, white and orange gummi bears–but you’d have to pry the red and greens from her cold, dead hands. and even then…

Okay, so Ken and Cindy have dibs on the orange ones. That’s settled. But who can we foist the yellow ones on?

I WILL TAKE THEM! Yellow gummi pride!

11. Friggles says:

There is a Japanese brand of gummi called “Pure”. Which is the best gummi candy you could ever hope for.

I have to share the orange ones? …and for the record I always thought of the pineapple ones as clear not white.

Way to step up DianA!