April 8th, 2010 | 6 comments | Posted by Diana

In the years since leaving my old development job at a reality television company by saying, “This genre just insults my brain and I can’t do it anymore,” I’ve become a bit of a reality junkie. Funny.

I still don’t watch Survivor or Amazing Race or anything like that, but I never miss an episode of Celebrity Rehab/Sex Rehab/Sober House/Celebrity Addiction Show Rehab* with Dr. Drew. I cry during reruns of Say Yes To The Dress. I actually threw something at the TV in protest of the injustice displayed in the latest Tool Academy graduation ceremony.  I flipped my lid when I met Tim Gunn. I entered a contest to appear on Man Vs. Wild. I’ve watched every Kitchen Nightmares episode–both the awesome British and wacked-out American versions–three times over.

Total junkie!!!

Most reality show talent (not Tim Gunn, for crying out loud, but the sub-average Joes and Janes willing to sacrifice dignity and privacy for a toxic 15 minutes of fame) are hard to look at. It’s trainwrecks doing tequila shots with even ickier trainwrecks, or former teen idols past their prime, or narcissistic celebrities trying to revamp their image–y’know, the intolerable rep cultivated on another reality show.

So when I read on Figgy and Fatty that Daniel Henney was starring in his own reality show for Korean TV, I gasped a worried gasp.  Had he sold himself short? Is the beautiful and nummy Daniel Henney a trainwreck??

Then of course I saw the photo stills and saw no trainwreck. Only a beautiful man framed beautifully against a beautiful background. And so I wonder: WHY THE EFF WE DON’T HAVE THIS KIND OF REALITY TV IN THE STATES??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

PURRRRRRRR…

*not an actual reality show

[via Figgy and Fatty]
[One Asian World: ‘Daniel Henney Goes Outback’ Press Conference]

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “Daniel Henney Goes Outback Doesn’t Look Like Any Reality Show We’ve Ever Seen [PHOTOS]”

Mmm…Daniel Henney is my pretend boyfriend. (My husband will never know.) Him and Michael Weatherly. Yummy!

2. alperryman says:

Squee!

3. hsiu says:

I need to be transferred into the onion-pickin’ reality Daniel Henney is living in, STAT :( Though his barbecuing pose makes me snicker just a little.

4. educatedfool25 says:

I don’t really consider man vs wild a reality show. It’s more like a guide to how to be viciously awesome.

5. Friggles says:

Awe-some, ya’ll! Cuz nothing says studly dude quite like pullin up rutabagas in your aviator shades-n-Calvin Klein wear! Whew! Someone pass me bottle of Kristol and a pair of $200 flip flops before I pass out!

6. MicroRNA says: