This week, Katherine Heigl revealed to Entertainment Weekly that she’s leaving Grey’s Anatomy with 18 months left on her contract in order to spend more time with her family, husband Josh Kelley and recently-adopted daughter from Korea, Naleigh.
Do you believe her?
I don’t buy it. Here’s why:
- Actors in their peak-earning years in Hollywood don’t quit their jobs to focus on their families. They don’t quit their jobs, period, because they never know when they’re going to work again. They only “quit” their jobs to trade up for better jobs.
- Heigl famously bagged on Grey’s Anatomy and its writers in 2008 when she withdrew her name from Emmy contention, after winning the award in 2007, telling the LA Times: “I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization, I withdrew my name from contention.” If that’s not a “Fuck you, I want out,” I don’t know what is.
- Heigl is 31. That’s verging on old as an actress. Only a few women–namely Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock–who specialize in rom-coms like Heigl get to be leads in those kinds of movies late into their 30′s and even into their early 40′s. Everyone else gets put out to pasture (i.e. goes to TV).
- Heigl currently has 5 movies in development. 5 movies!
- Last but not least, it would be annoying if Heigl quit the show for family reasons when she really just wanted to pursue a career in movies. And it’s a well-established fact that Heigl, who seems to have a particular talent for pissing people off…is incredibly annoying.
Of course, there’s always a small chance that Heigl really just wants to stare at her daughter Naleigh’s chubby cheeks all day long.
And we certainly wouldn’t blame her.
[photo via Just Jared]
Filed under: Adoptees, Adoption, Asian Babies, Family, Grey's Anatomy, Hollywood Adoptions, Josh Kelley, Katherine Heigl, Katherine Heigl Adopted Baby, Katherine Heigl Daughter, Korean Adoptees, Naleigh Kelley, Our Progeny Are Just Cuter--Deal With It
One Response to “We Call Bullshit: Katherine Heigl Quits Grey’s To Focus On Family”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.