Chelsea Handler Makes Asian Small Penis Joke

March 11th, 2010 | 11 comments | Posted by Jen

Wednesday night, Chelsea Handler interviewed Bradley Cooper about his experience working on The Hangover, and talk turned to that now-infamous scene in the movie in which Ken Jeong goes full-frontal. Handler then decided to make the ol’ Asian Small Penis joke:

BRADLEY COOPER: Ken Jeong’s penis on my neck was very normal. Ken came up with that idea that day.

CHELSEA HANDLER: I bet he did.

BRADLEY COOPER: He said, Hey, Todd, I’d like to be naked. And he’s like, Yeah, sure, whatever. And then I didn’t realize…the part I play in that scenario, was that I get, like, neck herpes from it. But he hid it well, so it was okay.

CHELSEA HANDLER: Well, he’s Asian, so…

Watch HERE.

There’s a lot I could say about this–like, how it’s exactly the kind of unfunny hacky tripe people have come to expect from Chelsea Handler–but I’m just going to let the hate mail that’s going to get heaped on this chick do all the talking.

(psst…Here’s her Twitter profile.)

[AOL TV: Bradley Cooper Dishes on Ken Jeong's Penis]

Filed under: , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “Chelsea Handler Makes Asian Small Penis Joke”

Not the first time she’s made “jokes” at the expense of Asians, and it likely won’t be the last. The sad thing is that she has gotten away with it before. The public’s indifference to this kind of thing goes beyond her piss poor attempts at humor. It reinforces the belief that it is “okay” to say verbally demeaning things about Asians.

2. johnminh says:

I will say it again and again. Any woman who says a man’s penis is too small just has a really wide vagina.

3. PD says:

Handler has also made an incredibly mean-spirited joke on Leno about Angelina Jolie’s adopted Vietnamese son being really good at doing nails and driving badly. Handler is a gross person.

The sad thing is, we actually can’t blame her that much. Because she’s only still working because people other than Handler think she’s hilarious and don’t think she’s out of line with her anti-Asian jokes. Her viewers don’t, her advertisers don’t. I remember the New York Times doing a huge (positive) profile on her, and then printing a letter from an Asian American activist who pointed out that if Handler had, say, made black jokes about Angelina Jolie’s adopted African daughter Zahara on Leno’s show, how well it would have gone over. If she would have gotten a cheery NYT profile if that had happened.

Oh, and is it too mean of me to have this fantasy that in the future, when China basically has everyone else by the balls, that there will be some sort of cultural retribution for the endless “small Asian penis” jokes? Something like, “It’s white guys who actually have small peens,” or hell, something like “White women (or Jewish women, which Chelsea Handler is) all have huge cavernous vajjays” or something? Because it’s not like there aren’t derogatory, long-living stereotypes about Asian WOMEN’S private parts, either.

You know. Just so the other side could have a little taste of what it’s like. Would be interesting, no? I’d like to see something like that, honestly. I’m tired of being on the wrong end of the joke.

@johnminh I think you’re on to something. Handler’s vaj is probably the size of the Holland Tunnel.

I think that many people see race issues in black and white terms. In the minds of many, only whites are racist, (An unfortunate thing for whites like me, who just try and be good people. People like Chelsea Handler do nothing to help this perception.), only blacks can be victims of racism everyone else being “too sensitive”. The truth is that anyone of any race is capable of being racist (or racially clueless or insensitive) and any race can be the victim of racism.
    What Ms. Handler is too dense to grasp is the fact that these are actual PEOPLE with FEELINGS she is offending. Or if she does, I doubt that she cares.

I’m rambling a bit. I hope that it made sense.

6. Kwan says:

Again, great blog, but I swear I need to stop reading this in the morning cause this post really pissed me off! The obvious aside, what really annoyed me was the “I bet he did” statement. Personally that drives me nuts cause I’m a gay asian dude who happens to work on a ranch. I like guns and chainsaws and people are like WHAT? They end up saying i’m Not Asian and I’m not really Gay. But I am. (Course when I flub then I am Asian and I am Gay). Why do people think their opinions matter and why do I care about people who don’t matter?

Wait. You’re gaysian, you work on a ranch, and you like guns and chainsaws? Can we be BFFs, please??? (p.s. You’re awesome, fuck Chelsea Handler.)

8. Kwan says:

best fag friend, absolutely!

Yessssssssss!

10. aptkane says:

I can’t stand her. She reminds me of my old boss. Both used to be somewhat funny and sober, but now they’re both in a permanent Oxycontin daze that leaves even her rare funny material pretty worthless.

You know what I’m starting to believe?

IT’S CHELSEA HANDLER WHO HAS A SMALL PENIS.