Heavy Stuff: DQ’d From The Olympics

February 17th, 2010 | 18 comments | Posted by Diana

No, she didn’t get busted for juicing. And she wasn’t lying about her gender. She didn’t screw an Olympic judge. She didn’t put a hit on any of her opponents.

But she did accidentally bring too much weight with her to the Games.

Lemme ‘splain. From Yahoo! Sports:

“Yasuda, who tips the scales at a slender 60 kg (132 lbs), miscalculated the additional weight lugers are allowed to carry as ballast and failed the compulsory weigh-in after her first run at the Whistler Sliding Centre.

‘During a weight check at the finish of run one the athlete’s additional weight exceeded the maximum allowed which was 13.1 kilos,” race organisers said. “Her actual weight was 13.3 kilos.’”

Athletic disqualifiquasians don’t often shock me, but darn it all–this one does. I mean, an Asian busted for bad math? That’s like, UNTHINKABLE!

[Yahoo! Sports: Japan's Slender Slider Has Weighty Problem]

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to “Heavy Stuff: DQ’d From The Olympics”

That sucks. Can you imagine the response from her hard ass Asian parents? Hell, the response from her hard ass Asian country? I remember Midori Ito apologizing to all of Japan for her Olympic “failure”.

OOF. Don’t want to imagine, for the same reason I won’t watch Hostel. Too much!

@Cindy–I think the response from her parents will be something like, “Dude. You got fat.”

4. jasmine says:

So what I want to know is what does she do now? Does she stay in Canada and hang until the closing ceremonies, hooking up with hotties of other nations because it’s not like she has anything better to do? Or does she go back to Japan and start making her apologies?

PS: When I read “DQ’d From The Olympics”, I totally thought of Dairy Queen. I was letting my fat doing my thinking again!

omg. i actually googled the DQ menu immediately after writing the post. i need a blizzard, like, RIGHT NOW.

6. johnminh says:

Diana, come to Texas, and I will personally buy you one. Of course, that invitation is open to Jen and Jasmine for bringing the awesomeness to disgrasion. =)

7. jasmine says:

@Diana, a Blizzard from DQ would be so good right now. I even like their chili dogs.

8. [...] Heavy Stuff: DQ'd From The Olympics | DISGRASIAN™Aya Yasuda, a Japanese athlete at her first Olympics, was disqualified on Monday from the Women’s Luge competition in Vancouver. No, she didn’t get busted for juicing. And she wasn’t lying about her gender. She didn’t screw an Olympic … Read more [...]

9. aptkane says:

Mmmmmm….dilly bar……mmmmmm.

girrrrl! try the chicken fingers.

@johnminh Blizzards for all, y’all!!!

Jasmine you were not alone in the Dairy Queen thought.

DianA, is it too late to get in on the Blizzards for all, y’all?

never too late. DQ for all citizens of DISGRASIAN NATION!

My big pregnancy craving right now is actually Blizzards. That and Japanese curry rice. Not together, of course.

Mmm…I love me that chicken fang-ger basket with the toast and white gravy!

16. xandersaide says:

I love L.A. like crazy, but the lack of DQs….sigh…i long for my chocolate chip cookie dough blizzards with a squirt of fudge. Have you every tried to turn fro yo upside down? Not. Cute.

But we make up for it with In-N-Out!

18. Shayera says:

Xandersaide, there are DQs here in L.A. The Northridge Fashion Square has one.