Wing Pang: DISGRASIAN Or Amazian?

November 9th, 2009 | 10 comments | Posted by Diana

Am I nuts, or is Wing Pang kind of awesome?

Sure, with the language fumbles and goofy demeanor, it seems like he could be clowning (or, er, “crowning”) for uncomfy laughs, but for some reason–with that twinkle in his eye–I don’t neccesarily feel like the joke is on him.

And lawd knows, going tit-for-tat with the weirdtastic Conan O’Brien is no easy task. Somehow, Pang’s lightning-quick reflexes have him steady and ready to return O’Brien’s shots–whether they come in the form of a zinger or a fencing foil.

And-and-AND, our pal Joz loves herself some Wing Pang. Always a good sign.

[Channel APA: A Day With Wing Pang On The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien]

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “Wing Pang: DISGRASIAN Or Amazian?”

1. Simon says:

Everything he says IS gold. I had a good laugh watching that, thanks.

Have you seen Conan’s interview with USB Co-inventor Ajay Bhatt?:

2. dhuang says:

Yeah, not bad. I appreciate Conan doing that skit without resorting to the standard bullshit.

3. Friggles says:

Everyone’s awesome in the surreal world of Conan ‘O Brian. Except Steven Seagal and his “Groucho Marxist” stand up routine.

4. scwai says:

I agree… amazian. I was laughing way too hard to be offended!

5. jasmine says:

No, I don’t think you’re nuts. I think Wing Pang is awesome, a great sport, and very funny. Go Wing!

6. samxkx says:

this was pretty dang hilarious.

7. johnminh says:

Wing like Chicken Wing! =)

8. PD says:

Sorry, I can’t enjoy anything from Conan O’Brien since I saw the Triumph the Insult Comic Dog sketch where Triumph goes to Chinatown during Chinese New Year a couple years back. I don’t think I can remember a much more genuinely mean-spirited bunch of “jokes” towards Asians on TV than that, and that’s saying a lot. Also, Conan’s show is where Sarah Silverman got her “chink” joke through with no bleeping.

Wonder if you saw that Triumph sketch, Diana?

i haven’t. send a link?

10. PD says:

Hi Diana,

Apparently a lot of people found it absolutely hilarious but it always made me feel… not good.