November 30th, 2009 | 7 comments | Posted by Diana

If you haven’t heard, Focus Features will soon bring us Babies, a Thomas Balmès documentary that follows “four babies, in Mongolia, Namibia, San Francisco, and Tokyo, respectively, from birth to first steps.”

Quick question: Can you possibly watch this trailer without blurting out, “I want one in every color?”

More questions, actually: Is it, like, wrong to get totally baked and watch Babies, like watching Planet Earth while going munchy in couchlock? It’s not like the babies in the movie can see you. Or that you have to keep ‘em out of drawers or support their neck or anything.

[Trailer Addict: Babies]
[Film In Focus: Press - Domestic Rights To Unique Documentary Baby(ies) Acquired By Focus Features From Studiocanal]

Thanks, jRu!

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to “File Under: Baby Docs We’ll Watch Over And Over Again Because They’re About Babies”

1. BlasianBytch says:

wow it almost kinda hurt that I couldn’t hold the poor crying babies , they are so cute. I wish babies didn’t have to grow up into punk teenagers.

The section with the two toddlers fighting cracked me up. I have a friend with TWO kids under the age of 3 and they do the same thing. He messes with her and she smacks the crap out of him. Before long they are both crying. Some things are universal whether on a dirt floor or in an NYC apartment.

Love it! Of course, we found out on Thanksgiving day that I am pregnant with our third child, so I am in total baby mode!

Congratulasians, mama!!!

5. Friggles says:

All babies are sweet, but is there anything cuter then an Asian wee one? A cuteness so overwhelming, they even surpass koala bears and pandas on the adorable ‘O meter. And unlike pandas, they won’t rip your face off when you rub noses.

6. GoofySunshine says:

I can’t wait to watch this doc! I’ll stay up all night on Youtube baby binges and feel I need an intervention by sunrise. This just might be the ultimate fix!