Death Burger: The Windows 7 Whopper

October 27th, 2009 | 7 comments | Posted by Jen

In an effort to promote the debut of Windows 7 last week in Japan, Microsoft partnered up with Burger King to offer this monstrosity, the Windows 7 Whopper:

windows7whopper-lg_270x381

Seven Whopper patties, 1.7 lbs of meat, and 2,120 calories for 777 yen.

So what this tells me about Microsoft’s latest operating system is…

1. Windows 7 is messy.
  2. Windows 7 will make me puke.
  3. Windows 7 is bad for me.
  4. Microsoft ad people suck.
  5. Windows 7 will give me diabeetus.
  6. Windows 7 is trying to kill me.
  7. Windows 7 is for sad people.

Great ad campaign, guys!

Meanwhile, CNN’s Tokyo-based correspondent Kyung Lah tried the Microsoft monstrosity and didn’t have to give herself an insulin shot after…

…though I’m calling bullshit and saying she didn’t actually eat the whole thing (notice how the vid jumps from her first few bites to her last). But if the skinny bitch did, and the burger doesn’t kill her, I certainly will.

[Computerworld: Microsoft's Windows 7 'Whopper' campaign: The worst promotion ever?]

Filed under: , , , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to “Death Burger: The Windows 7 Whopper”

That picture almost made me vomit and shit at the same time.

2. CKShaw says:

Microsoft’s way of saying we’re still bringing along every previous version of Windows and it will take your computer 45 minutes to startup. Eat up. Constipation to follow.

3. BlasianBytch says:

I’m surprised people aren’t DEMANDING it over here. Oh yeah there’s not enough bacon and cheese on it.

4. farleyk says:

If they really wanted to push it, they should have Takeru Kobayashi eat 7 of them in 7 minutes.

5. myclue says:

dayam that burger is gnarly. it could feed a family of 10 in Japan. not very smart marketing on the part of Microsoft.

Been a web “lurker” on this site for a while. I’m glad you guys transitioned to WordPress!

6. Simon says:

I would definitely eat one. Per day that is. Wait until BK customers start showing the blue face of death!

7. J-Mah says:

I think I feel my heart clogging up, just by looking at it.