It was reported this week that CNN’s chief health correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, is Obama’s top pick for Surgeon General. We don’t know a whole lot about the Office–according to Wikipedia, it’s gotten rather low-pro and unglam in recent years–but we do come from a long line of doctors (well, Diana does…mine are all the academic kind, i.e. “fake” ones), and here are what we consider Dr. Gupta’s outstanding qualificasians:
Dude. Confirm this man…stat!
- He’s young (39 years young)
- He’s handsome, enough so to play a doctor on TV
- He has all of his own hair
- He’s already famous, so he doesn’t need the gig as a stepping-stone to something else
- He’s the son of immigrants, so he worked his own way to the top
- He has big and blindingly-white teeth
- He smiles a lot with those teeth, suggesting a terrific bedside manner
- He’s a neurosurgeon, suggesting he actually knows what he’s doing
- Kal Penn could totally play him in the biopic
- He’s Asian!!!
Filed under: Barack Obama, Children of Immigrants, CNN, Doctors, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Kal Penn, Sanjay Gupta, Surgeon General, Surgeon General Nomination, TV Doctors
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.