The funny thing about any new exposé detailing the scams, lies, manipulations, Constitution breaches, and assaults on humanity committed by the criminally laughable Bush administration is that they tend to dramatically and methodically unveil no new information –yet each one is positively riveting.
I imagine that former Press Secretary Scott McClellan’s new memoir, What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and What’s Wrong With Washington, functions that way. McCLellan claims that the Bush administration fueled the Iraq war with propaganda. Whoa, really? Shocker!!!
Still, I can’t wait to buy it. And still, the White House sure has their feathers in a ruffle over the tome. I haven’t heard this much heehawing since my sister showed a pig at the Lafayette County 4-H festival!
Current White House Press Secretary Dana Perino, God Bless Her, tried her best to undermine the whirlwind of press resulting from the book, tossing away notions that the President will even read it:
“The book, as reported by the press, has been described to the president. I do not expect a comment from him on it – he has more pressing matters than to spend time commenting on books by former staffers.“
You know what? She’s right. I thought about all of the other pressing matters that the Prez needs to be attending to and he definitely doesn’t have time to read McClellan’s dumb old book! Here are some of the things he needs to attend to first:
1) Learn to read
2) Speak at the Air Force graduation
3) Speak at a high school graduation
4) Sit for awhile and reminisce about his own high school experience
5) Ponder stuff
6) Contemplate the correct pronunciasian of “Korea”
7) Bug the Saudis for more oil
8) Re-watch his performance on Deal or No Deal
9) Call Dick and see what he’s up to (not a ton)
10) Request Cliff Notes for What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and What’s Wrong With Washington. Get distracted by reruns of Family Guy. Fall asleep.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.